Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 2011 (Act no. 9 of 2011)
COMMUNITY SCHEMES OMBUD SERVICE REGULATIONS: LEVIES AND FEES
CHAPTER 1 INTERPRETATION
CHAPTER 2 LEVIES AND FEES PAYABLE
2. Levies payable by a schemes to the Service in terms of section 29 (1) (b) of the Act.
3. Application, Adjudication and other fees payable for the use of the Service in terms of section 29 (1) (d) of the Ac
CHAPTER 3 DISCOUNT AND WAIVERS
4. Discounts and waivers in terms of section 29(1)(c) and (e) of the Act.
5. Short Title
CHAPTER 1 INTERPRETATION
In this Schedule: –
“the Act” means the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 2011 (Act No. 9 of 2011).
“the Levy” means a levy payable to the Service as prescribed in this Regulations;
“the Regulations” means the Community Schemes Ombud Service Regulations: Levies and Fees;
CHAPTER 2 SCHEDULE OF LEVIES AND FEES
2. Levies payable by schemes to the Service and the interval such levies are payable in terms of section 29 (1)
(b) of the Act
(1) The Schemes must collect as follows the prescribed monthly levy from every unit within a community schemes and pay to the Service on quarterly basis: –
The following table gives illustrative values of the prescribed monthly levy payable:
|Monthly levy charged by the community schemes||Monthly CSOS Levy Payable|
|Zero to R 500.00||R 0.00|
|R 600.00||R 2.00|
|R 700.00||R 4.00|
|R 800.00||R 6.00|
|R 900.00||R 8.00|
|R 1 000.00||R 10.00|
|R 1 250.00||R 15.00|
|R 1 500.00||R 20.00|
|R 1 750.00||R 25.00|
|R 2 000.00||R 30.00|
|R 2 250.00||R 35.00|
|R 2 500.00||R 40.00|
3. Application, Adjudication and other Fees payable for the use of the Service in terms of section 29 (1) (d) of the Act:
(1)Fee payable at Application R50.00
(2)Fee payable for Adjudication R100.00
(3)For a copy of any scheme governance documents or any other document obtained electronically or provided as hard copy by the Service R8.00 per copy
DISCOUNTS AND WAIVERS
4. Discounts and Waivers in terms of section 29(1)(c) of the Act
(1) Individual units within a community scheme for which the monthly levies not exceeding R500.00 are charged by the Scheme are effectively granted a 100% waiver of the CSOS levies.
(2) Any person or category of persons whose monthly net household (gross income less PAYE) income is below R5 500 are entitled to a 100% waiver of application and adjudication fees.
(3) Any person or category of persons who may not qualify in terms of the above criteria may lodge an application for discount and/or waiver for consideration by the Chief Ombud by filling a Form CS3A or CS3B depending on the applicant.
5. Short title
These regulations are called Community Schemes Ombud Service Regulations: Levies and Fees, 2016 and will come into operation 90 (ninety) days from date of publication in the Government Gazette.